Faith Like A Child

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Blessed is the child of God

Matthew 6:26 says Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns and yet your heavenly father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? You know, is difficult to trust in that verse when you have to watch your spending and currently I don't even know where to get money for my last year of studies. Moreover, art supplies are really expensive here mind you. I try to get cheaper sketchbooks, paints, pens at Office Depot or Walmart instead of getting from the school art supply store. Bloodsucker man... Even books i am ordering off Amazon to save some $. I am going to apply for work-study this term instead of starting next term. Trying very hard to eat lesser too..haha..less ice creams...hee...

Though i am making an effort to save money here and there, sometimes i will forgot my Jehovah Jireh have been guiding me. Last weekend i nearly buy a mobile plan which is goign to cost around $35 per mth, end up i couldn't purchase it because they need some identity number. I didn't bring out my I20 or visa so am not sure what is needed. I was kinda sad, because i so wanted to get a mobile line that day. After i got home, I check out prepaid pricing and realise is actually much more suitable for me. Pay $100 and it won't expiry till a year later. That's only about $8+ a month!! Thank God I didn't manage to buy the mobile plan eh. I haven't got time to go buy the prepaid phone yet though.

Today i went to Bloodsucker shop to buy rendering markers which i am suppose to buy last week but somehow I didn't manage to. This wednesday will be needing them for class so I have to buy today. HAhaha...Is on sale now! like 1.50 cheaper for each. Drawing pen are goign at 50% cheaper. Phew! That save me quite abit of $. Thank God I didn't buy them last week. Still, i spend near to $50USD. (Art students are meant to starve lar...)

About a month ago, I was looking through craiglist for 2nd hand stuffs. I came across an ad quite a few times. The ad state they are leaving and are selling their TV and many other stuffs. I not sure that night why I would just email that person and ask about the TV, writing table and rice cooker . She replied me and says she is also a Singaporean! She is here with her husband and kids for around 20months already. She is staying in Georgetown. (30mins drive away i think) She even gave birth to a twins here. We been exchanging emails awhile and I call her through skype a couple of time. Today, we finally met. I was so surprise she brought along one of her twin baby and her 4 yr old daughter. They are so adorable!! She brought me the rice cooker, water filter flask, electrical kettle, many other stuffs like cups and utensils and sambal sauce!! I wanted to buy over the stuffs, but end up she most probably going to give me the TV and writing table in Nov when she and her family move back to singapore. We chatted awhile and soon she have to leave, she says will bring me to her place someday before she go back.

Meeting up with fellow singaporean and her family is just so comforting. (Makes me wana cry....sobs...). So thankful that God have brought people along to bless me. I may not be getting huge amount of $ to pay off my school fees and stuffs but many small situation God have bless me and I have save some $. ;) . The sad thing is, I am still spending over what i want to keep within. I hope next month i can spend much lesser. {-_-"}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home