Faith Like A Child

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

All about nuts

Our English teacher is just simply the best. Today she let us off 40mins earlier. Well, actually we were complaining we are really tired and the weather is making us real sleepy! She let us off on a condition that we are to go observe something and write about it in out journal for next class. I cycle off to one of the square(is a small square park, we called it square) near School library. I wanted to observe and write about the statue in the middle of the square...but then i got brain dead, so i went to CVS to buy some bite...hee....well, end up i buying hair dye and a packet of honey nuts. I figure it will be nice to sit in the park and eat some nuts enjoy the cool weather!

I went back to the park and sit down eating my nuts and thinking what i should write. I then realise 1 squirrel was looking at me, and coming near me...but it is still like 1-2meters away. This one is really unique because you can see more brown on him then grey when you compare it to others. I cheekily, without thinking just throw him one nut. It dash towards it and run off to a distance and start munching on the nut. Adorable!!He finish it really fast and run towards me again...Stood there and stare at me..Occasionally will stand on his 2 feet and wiggle his nose. I threw him another nut. I did it a couple a time, till there are almost 5 of them around me that is eyeing my packet of nuts!!! Is kinda of scary because i heard squirrels have rabies?? Not sure how true is that. Anyway, I just throw the nut to tat particular squirrel. When others try to get near me, he was like pouncing on to them scaring them off! Man...is like watching kung-fu show. The way they reflex is so fast! The situation kind of getting abit out of control as they are jumping onto my bench. I stood up and they got scared and pounce off up the trees, into bushes...wherever they can take shelter.
I walk to the other side of the park and sat down. You know what, that brown fella followed me! He came up to me and stand on his 2 feet with his 2 tiny arms up like begging for food.. Oh, how can i resist! I start placing nuts by my side, like 30cm away. He kind of get comfortable with me and the nearest he comes to me is about 20cm away, my sudden movement also don't scare him much. Haha...and he is making funny soft noises like " gggrrrrrooooo... ggggrrrooo...." Is funny and yet scary, because he can just easy jump on to me and give me a bite of rabies and diseases! Soon, my packet of nuts run out....I play with him using the empty packet. Of course he thinks there is food.. Is such a funny sight when he is trying his very best to stay its distance n stretch out his head and body to bite and pull the packet. He stopped and start making the strange noise "grrrrrooooo....grrrrooo...". I thought he is pissed off, and i definitely don't want to agitate him! I stopped and threw the packet away. ..It was enough fun to write my journal. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home