Faith Like A Child

Monday, October 02, 2006

Sketcher-to-be

Spend my Friday and Saturday doing sketches and gesture drawings. 2 days well spend and also make me realise i need to sketch a whole lot more dude. I have also went to the library to borrow some books on sketches and drawing. One skill I really want to drill till I am good at it. That's what i am here for. Heezz... Well, I also borrowed some DVDs. Who can resist "Starsky & Hutch"!? Owen wilson is such a cutie and Ben Stiller is just so darn funny. The "Do it Do it..." scene still rings in my head, I just want to watch it again and have a good laugh. :P

I have uploaded my drawings here - http://joyzhang.multiply.com/photos

Fri was a really great day. The weather was wonderful! The air was cool and the sun was shinning. I went river street and walk around taking pictures and settle down to do some sketches. I sat under the porch opposite a resturant so I can draw the people in there. Then came an african american gospel singer who sat there too. He start singing really loud. His voice is strong and powerful. Awesome...I enjoyed the 1 hr sitting there listening to him while I sketch. Amazing grace nearly moved me to tears. He then sang this song:
J is for Jesus,
O is for Over,
Y is for You,
Jesus is over you...
I was simling to myself while i continue my sketching. :) When is about time for me to go off for gesture drawings, I went over and gave him a dollar. We start chatting abit, asking the usual what is your name, where you are from, what you doing and which church you are from... He sang that jesus is over you to me again when he knows i am called Joy. Hahaa.. Oh yeah, Jesus is over me~

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Starsky can already made you laugh...
Watch Zoolander... it'll make you laugh until u cry!!

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home