Faith Like A Child

Friday, June 15, 2007

That Blue Ridge Mountain

The drive to blue ridge mountain was a long 6 hrs drive. I have to salute the drivers to keep their eyes wide open while the rest are dozing off in the car. The traffic in Atlanta is rather busy, in my view i felt is quite terrible! I guess i have been away from city area for too long, it is actually not as bad as Singapore during peak hours.

It was a very eventful day upon our arrival. Due to inexperience in driving on gravel roads, the car i was sitting in wasstuck in the steep gravel road. Futhermore we reverse into a ditch. One of the wheel were already half way in. Thank God we were not far away from our cabin. We carried our bags and stuffs up the steep hill to the cabin. We then were looking for wooden planks and whatever junk we think it would help to get the car out of the ditch. We spend 2 hrs of pushing, turning the wheels and ramping the accelarator; we finally manage to get the car out and up the steep hill to the cabin. We were all clapping and cheering...hahaha...I bet the locals staying nearby can hear us.

Settling down was quite exciting too, we found small scorpian in out bath tub and big black ants here and there. Still the small decent wooden cabin have its charm. We then went out to nearby Walmart to buy food and necessary stuffs. Back in the cabin, I got stung by a wasp...No idea when it land on my arm area, i simply put down my arm n I got stung...Just like that. Voila~ It hurts like a bad injection...Kat look at me seriously and say if I feel any problem breathing, i need to be send to the hospital immediately. The stung area start to swell and i try to ice it down. Well, through this i know Wasp sting can kill a person. I am still alive so thank God for that.

Arr..i am too lazy to continue on my journey...All in all...Is been a lazy trip! I been sleeping and eating and go to see one waterfall..soak in hot tub, play with my friend's dog she is taking care of. On the way back drop by Atlanta's Korean supermarket. It is so weird to be surrounded by chinese! Is like i haven't see so many chinese in a place for such a looooong time! I had a nice spicy korean meal too...mm...yummy...

OK..That's it..i will post pics soon...hur hur....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home